There have been a total of over 700 million iPhones sold worldwide. It is definitely one of the most popular phones available on the market today. I love my iPhone and I am always looking for fun new tricks to use! With the release of i0s9 around the corner, we thought we would teach you some of our favorite iPhone tricks!
1. How many times have you used the Calculator app and accidentally typed in the wrong number? Then you have to start the equation completely over—–how annoying is that? Well this trick will remove an accidental extra character by swiping left to right or vice versa to undo a deleted character.
2. When ending a sentence, instead of typing a period and then a space, just tap the space bar twice. Tapping the space bar twice adds a full stop, a space, and capitalizes the next letter.
3. With the remote of your earbuds, you can go to the next track or the previous track while listening to music or podcasts. Also that little rectangle on your earbud is the microphone—I have seen so many people talking on their phone with their earbuds in and their phone to their mouth—you don’t need to do that! The little rectangle also acts as the “pause” and “play” buttons. It can hang up a phone call and can answer one—pretty cool!
4. This may be one of my favorite “lazy” features. When your phone is plugged in, you can use Siri hands free by just saying “Hey Siri”. This is great when you forgot to set your alarm but you don’t want to roll over from your comfy spot in bed. “Hey Siri, set my alarm for 6:30 am”. Enable this feature in settings > general > Siri > allow “Hey Siri”
5. If you turn on airplane mode when you’re charging your phone (regardless of whether you’re in the air or not) your phone will charge almost twice as fast. To access airplane mode swipe up from the bottom and click the little airplane. You can also access many other features by swiping up: flashlight, timer, calculator, and camera.
6. The compass doubles as a leveling tool when you swipe left. You can access this by going into utilities
7. You can teach Siri how to properly pronounce words by saying, “That’s not how you pronounce______ ” and she will then give alternatives for you to choose the correct one.
8. Typed an error into a text or email? Simply shake the iPhone to bring up the option to Undo your last action. The gesture works in iMessage, Mail and other default apps, but developers can also implement the feature, so try it in all kinds of different apps.
9. If you have smaller hands its hard to reach the top of the screen and hold the phone stead at the same time. Now you can swipe down twice on the home button to lower the whole screen
10. How many times have you been involved in a group conversation that no longer applies to you. Everytime your phone goes off you think its a real text but its just that annoying group you’re in. Now you can opt out of group iMessages or put them in sleep mode so you don’t get the notification.
11. How to create a medical ID a digital “Medical ID,” which can provide important personal health related information in the event of an emergency.
Find the health App:
Once the App is open, you will see “Medical ID” listed at the very bottom right side:
Click “Create Medical ID”:
Fill out appropriate information:
Now when your phone is locked, swipe to the right and at the very bottom you can see the Emergency button, click that and the Medical ID will be at the bottom left hand side:
12. Did you know that you can look at another message when composing an email? Few people know that you can quickly reference another message when composing a reply or an entirely new email.
Then in order to look at another email while composing, hold your finger on the “New Message” part and slide down:
Now you can go through your emails and your email draft will be at the bottom of the screen:
13. Not sure of the address where you are currently located? You can share your location in an iMessage!
Go into details:
When you click share my location it gives you 3 options:
When you click “send my current location” it will automatically send where you are currently located:
If you click on the map you will be able to see where the person is and get directions if needed: