DISCLAIMER: All information, content and product descriptions contained within this event are for reference purposes and are not intended to substitute advice given by a pharmacist, physician or other licensed health care professional. We do not advise you use the information contained within this website, or any other site for treating a health problem or disease or to make a self diagnosis, without talking to your doctor. Actual product packaging and materials may contain different information than shown on this website. Contact your health care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding our products have not been evaluated by the FDA.
We are not medical professionals and this event is not in any way meant to take the place of medical advice. It is for educational purposes based off opinions and facts that we have found to be true in our own experience and with research we have gathered from books and online. We are not diagnosing, treating, or prescribing. If you have any health conditions, are on any medications, are being seen by a medical professional for any reason, are elderly, pregnant, nursing, have babies or young children or animals please consult your physician or veterinarian as well.
SAFETY INFO: Essential oils sure are powerful and because of that, we want to make sure you learn how to properly use them if you haven’t before. Take a look at this great overview about essential oil safety and remember that the content of this class is intended to be used with Young Living Essential Oils only.
Learn to love your labels: Each bottle of Young Living essential oil is wrapped in a colorful label full of important information. On the front of each bottle, you’ll find the oil name and grade. All Young Living oils are 100% pure, therapeutic grade, which is the highest quality essential oil on the market. You will also see the bottle size printed under this information (most come in either a 5ml or 15ml size). The back of the label will give you directions on how the oil can be used – aromatically, topically, and/or as a dietary supplement. Not all essential oils are recommended for all three types of use, so reading and adhering to the information printed on the bottle is important! Young Living just released its Vitality line of oils meant for ingestion and will eventually transition all of the non Vitality oils to be topical/aromatic only.
Within these directions will be suggested dilution ratios. This simply means that it is recommended to mix the essential oil with a carrier oil (your choice of vegetable oil like coconut, jojoba or grapeseed) before applying or ingesting it. You will also see a batch number stamped on the back of every bottle – that’s right, every single bottle! As part of Young Living’s commitment to quality, they are able to track each bottle back to the batch it was produced from should there ever be a concern.
Actions and reactions: If you know you are allergic to lavender, it probably isn’t a wise decision to use lavender oil – make sense? Now this doesn’t necessarily hold true for everyone and every oil. Due to the distillation process, proteins (what usually causes an allergic reaction) are generally absent from the essential oil minimizing the chance of allergic reactions. The essential oil of a plant may come from a different portion than what triggers an allergic reaction for a specific individual. For example, lemon oil is obtained from the rind and not the flesh of the fruit. Some people may be allergic to lemon no matter what, but others may have no reaction to the essential oil because it comes from a different part of the plant. If you know you have an allergy to a certain plant but are wanting to try the essential oil, consult with your doctor before testing a small amount on a nonsensitive part of your body (like the back of your hand).
Nut allergy information: Be aware that several of Young Living’s blends and products contain nut oils. You can always contact Young Living directly for an uptodate ingredients list of any product, but if you have a nut allergy, take caution when considering use of the following products:
Products containing coconut oil:
Breathe AgainTM rollon
Deep ReliefTM rollon RutaVaLaTM rollon
Stress AwayTM rollon
YL Oola GrowTM
Products containing almond oil:
3 Wise MenTM
CelLite Massage OilTM Cinnamint Lip BalmTM
Dragon TimeTM Massage Oil GenesisTM Hand and Body Lotion Grapefruit Lip Balm
Into the FutureTM
KidScents® Tender Tush
Lavender Lip Balm
Oils and medications: Most of the time, essential oils are perfectly safe to use even if you are taking another medication. However, there are some instances in which essential oils like grapefruit may interfere with prescribed medication. If you are taking any prescription medication, it is strongly recommended to consult your healthcare provider prior to the use of any essential oils to check for possible contraindications. Be sure to inform your health care provider that our citrus oils are made from the rind vs the juice.
Safety with children: Many of us have children and are excited at the possibility of using essential oils with our beloved little ones! Most essential oils are perfectly safe to use with children as long as they are diluted appropriately. Two of our favorite resources on the topic of oils and kids are the books Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child by Valerie Worwood and Gentle Babies by Debra Raybern. You do want to make sure that your essential oils stay out of children’s reach (they can sting and you don’t want them in eyes, little mouths, etc.). There are also a few oils with special child safety caps because they can be dangerous if swallowed such as PanAway due to the wintergreen it contains.
Citrus oil precautions: It is important to take some extra precautions when using citrus oils because of their ability to dissolve certain plastics. This is great if you want to get a sticky label off of a glass jar, but not so great if the lemon oil you put in your water dissolves your cup! The general rule is that citrus oils should only be used in glass or stainless steel containers – no plastics.
Photosensitivity: Certain essential oils are photosensitive. This means they absorb sunlight or radiant energy more intensely than your skin naturally would. You’ll want to check the label of the oil you’re using to see if it contains this warning and avoid the sun for up to 12 hours after application.
Oils & pregnancy: Many essential oils are completely safe to use while pregnant and can provide much needed relief for a variety of pregnancy symptoms. There are some oils that should be avoided during pregnancy, however. The Gentle Babies book mentioned above is a fabulous resource for information about using essential oils while pregnant.
Start slowly: As we said, Young Living’s essential oils are extremely potent and powerful substances. It is recommended to start slowly when you first begin using oils. Choose one oil to try and then build from there. Listen to your body and watch for signs of detoxing.You can usually apply essential oils as needed, but do not overload your system!
Storing your oils: Young Living’s essential oils do not expire, but you do need to take care when storing them. You’ll notice that the bottles are a dark, amber color. This is to keep light from reaching the oils. Even though the bottles are dark, you’ll still want to store your oils in a cool environment away from direct sunlight to preserve the therapeutic properties.
Medical conditions: It is always advised to consult a medical professional before starting any essential oils routine, especially if you have been diagnosed with a medical condition, are taking any prescription medications, or have concerns about your health. The information provided on our site is not intended to replace the advice of your doctor or diagnose any medical condition. Treat essential oils with the care and respect they deserve and exercise your best judgment when using them for a safe, effective experience!
Who’s here? who invited you? where are you from? what is one thing you would like to support with essential oils?
Why Young Living?
Because of our unmatched Seed to Seal process. Seed to Seal is supported by 3 pillars, sourcing, science, and standards. You can learn more about seed to seal here: http://www.seedtoseal.com/en and in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yheQCOPxQM
If you don’t know your soil, you don’t know your oil. There are no real regulations for Essential Oils right now—what does that mean? That means just about anyone can label an oil bottle “organic” or “all natural” when in reality that bottle has fillers and fragrance in it.
Why should you care? More than 95 percent of the chemicals in synthetic fragrances are derived from petrochemicals. These chemicals include: benzene derivatives, aldehydes, phthalates, and a slew of other known toxins that are capable of causing cancer, birth defects, nervous-system disorders and allergies—some of which are cited on the EPA’s hazardous waste list. WOAH.
Young Living is completely toxic chemical free. They hand weed their plants, own many of their farms and distilaries, and partner with family farms to provide us the PUREST essential oils on the market. Literally. We have no competition. Did you know you can visit any of Young Living’s farms? You can watch the Seed to Seal process with your own two eyes!
Young Living’s commitment to quality is also unmatched. Did you know they test each oil with up to 30 different tests? TWICE! And then send them out for third party testing using the same lab the Scotland Yard and FBI use.
We also have an amazing foundation that we get to be a part of. Young Living pays for all admin fees and 100% of your donations go to the foundation. LIKE WHATTT??? Guys that almost never happens. Our foundation provides disaster relief, education, malaria treatment, hope for justice (helping to end human trafficking) and SO. MUCH. MORE. Read more about the wonderful things our foundation is doing and get all the feels by clicking here: https://younglivingfoundation.org/
What are Essential Oils?-
- Essential oils are organic compounds extracted from plants that have therapeutic properties. They can be found in the plant’s flower, stem, leaves, bark, or fruit.
- The chemistry is extremely complex and may consist of 100’s of different and unique chemical compounds. This is what gives each oil its unique attributes and characteristics.
- The oils are also the “essence” of a plant. It protects the plant from disease, provides nutrients, and helps fight off anything it doesn’t want! It keeps the plant (or tree, fruit, bark, root, etc.) healthy and functioning at its best! Essential oils should smell exactly like the plant they come from – nothing more, nothing less.
- Essential oils are NOT the same as vegetable and/or olive oils. Vegetable oils are obtained from the fatty parts of a plant like the nuts, seeds or kernels and are greasy. They can also go rancid over time. Young Living’s essential oils do not go rancid or expire – yay! In the essential oils world, we refer to the kitchen oils (olive, coconut, avocado, grape seed, etc.) as carrier oils since they are often used to dilute the potency of therapeutic grade essential oils and “carrier” the oils into the cells of your skin.
-What Do They Do?-
- Reach every cell in your body within 20 minutes when applied topically to the body
- Eliminate toxins in your body and regenerate DNA
- Have the capability of passing the “blood-brain” barrier
- Work on emotions via the limbic system of your brain when inhaled, can release emotional trauma, relax and clear the mind
- Transport nutrients to starving cells
- Act as powerful antioxidants
- Remove toxins in the air
- Increase ozone and negative ions in the area which inhibit bacterial growth
Anytime you hold a bottle of Young Living powerful essential oils, you are holding the pure essence of health-promoting botanicals that can be diffused, inhaled, applied topically, incorporated into massage to inspire a positive emotional state, taken internally (the vitality line), enhance your physical wellness, purify your home, refine your skin, and create deep spiritual awareness. YES, PLEASE!
-Methods of Use-
Topically – Many essential oils can be applied directly to the skin, either neat (meaning straight with no dilution) or diluted (with a carrier oil, such as: coconut oil, grape-seed oil, olive oil, etc.). Applying oils directly on location can be the best way to target areas in need. (ex: Peppermint Oil on screaming muscles; Digize Oil rubbed on your angry tummy). You can also apply oils to the Vita Flex points on your feet and they will make their way throughout your body and to every cell within minutes.
Aromatically – Research shows that therapeutic grade essential oils stimulate active regions in the brain’s limbic system associated with memory, emotion and consciousness. This is actually the quickest way for your body to use the oils.
- Inhalation: Place 1-2 drops of oil into the palms of your hands and cup your hands over your nose and mouth and inhale slowly. You can also inhale directly out of the bottle.
- Diffusing: Young Living diffusers propel essential oil molecules into the air, where they stay long after the diffuser turns off. Certain oils can help purify the air, may help boost your energy, ease daily stressors and occasional emotional ups and downs, increase focus, promote a more restful sleep, and much much more!
You can also wear essential oils as perfume for the amazing aroma and as a bonus, can also lift your mood!
Internally- Because of Young Living’s therapeutic grade of oils, there are many oils that can be taken internally as a dietary supplement. You can add oils to your water (Grapefruit Vitality Oil is my fav!), a spoonful of honey, or into a vegetable capsule. The Vitality line (white labels) is clearly labeled for this use and why you will see it mentioned as a “Vitality Oil” when talking about ingesting an oil.
Did you know that it takes 9 square feet of lavender to make a 5ml bottle of Young Living Lavender? NINE!!!!
A gentle and versatile oil with a sweet, floral aroma. Can complement your favorite shampoos, lotions and skin care products. Lavender is called the swiss-army knife of oils with good reason! Many other essential oil companies sell “Lavadin” as Lavender and Lavadin isn’t good for skin issues!
Just SOME of the uses:
- Use it with Frankincense as a facial serum
- Supports the body’s natural healing processes
- Add it along with Cedarwood to mascara and conditioner to promote healthy hair growth
- Put a drop on your pillow at night to relax you and help quiet your mind
- Soothes skin after being out in the sun all day or touching a pan that was a little too hot
- Add a drop to your moisturizer
- Diffusing lemon, lavender, and peppermint can help provide seasonal support
- Make bath salts to help with the normal detoxification system of your body
- Comforting, supports a feeling of security
- Drop on your bug bites to help stop the itch and helps to repel the “annoyances” that come out during the summer and try and bite your skin
- Sleep. Sleep and more sleep. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz, good night
Basically, when in doubt…use Lavender!
Did you know it takes 25 lemons to make a 5ml bottle of Young Living Lemon???? TWENTY FIVE!!!
Cold-pressed from lemon rinds, Lemon essential oil has a strong, purifying, citrus scent that is revitalizing and uplifting! It also contains high levels of d-limonene which is believed to support a healthy immune system. Lemon is SO versatile; it’s actually harder to come up with things you can’t use it for. Honestly.
Just SOME of the uses:
- I start my day with a few drops of Lemon Vitality oil in my water. This is for many reasons. It helps support a healthy pH level, circulatory and lymphatic system, and to alkalize the body, which promotes better health overall. It also aids with digestion, helping to move things along smoothly all day long.
- Lemon is also great for energizing and motivation. A few drops of Lemon & Peppermint Vitality oil in your water or in your diffuser, and you got yourself a “mid-day caffeine-free pick me up!”
- It also may help to increase mental focus and clarity
- Delicious in marinades, grilled vegetables and smoothies!
- Diffuse Lemon with Thieves and/or Purification to clean the air and/or in homemade carpet deodorizers – you know, that animal smell that is sometimes hard to get rid of!
- Add a few drops in your dish washer for extra sparkly glasses!
- You know that annoying sticker residue that is left behind when you try and peel of labels? Few drops of lemon and voila it’s gone!
- AND bonus, Lemon is a great cleaner when mixed with Thieves oil in a spray bottle with water. Great for cleaning baby toys and you don’t have to worry about putting any chemicals near your food. Also, add Lemon in some olive oil and you have a great “green” wood polish!
Did you know it takes a full pound of peppermint oil to make one 15ml bottle of Young Living peppermint oil?? ONE POUND!
Peppermint is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for supporting normal digestion. Peppermint also amplifies the effects of other oils.
Just SOME of the uses:
- On days when I want to switch up my water routine, I drop Peppermint Vitality in instead of Lemon. It’s also a good energy booster and helps with the late afternoon work-day crash when feeling sluggish
- Can help with symptoms of when it feels like an elephant is stomping on your head, especially the “tension” ones. I like to put one drop on my thumb, and then press my thumb against the roof of my mouth for about 30 seconds. Warning: this is strong! But it works! Also, it freshens your breath at the same time. Can’t lose, here.
- Can help curb the desire to snack
- Too much sun? Add some Peppermint and lavender to a spray bottle with some aloe vera and coconut oil and totally helps ease the burn
- Opens up respiratory channels
- Soothes occasional minor stomach discomfort and with digestion
- Great to mix with RC (and a carrier oil) when you’re all stuffed up, as it helps to clear out passages and allow you to breathe a little easier (literally, but also figuratively knowing you’re not loading up on drowsy medicines and who knows what else!).
- Anyone out there hate bugs? It’s also great for keeping pests away! Put some in a spray bottle with water and spray in doorways where bugs, ants, and mice lurk.
- Also, cats don’t love it. If you have a cat (or 3…) it can be useful to spray it on plants and other items you don’t want the cat to eat. It won’t harm them! They just don’t love the smell or taste.
- Can’t hang in the heat? Use some in a spray bottle and lightly spritz your face and back of neck – instant cooling!
- Brownies anyone? Add 4 drops to your boxed brownie mix and instant deliciousness!
A powerful blend of Wintergreen, Helichrysum, Clove, and Peppermint oils that promotes the circulatory and natural anti-inflammatory responses of the body.
Okay. Seriously. If any oil works instantly, it’s THIS one. Some people (myself included) needed more tangible, instant proof of these oils. Panaway was the one. Any sore muscles from workouts, sleeping funny, old knees, etc. apply a few drops of a carrier oil (like coconut oil, vegetable oil, or almond oil) and Panaway directly to the location in need and watch the magic happen.
Just SOME of the uses:
- Has anti-inflammatory properties so it helps introduce oxygen into the tissue, supporting the body’s natural healing process and helping to relieve pain and tension quickly
- Can alleviate occasional stressed muscles and physical discomfits
- Eases occasional minor head tension
- Energizing and uplifting!
- Mix it with Raven for a nice Chest rub. It helps to open up your airways!
- Helps with feelings of exhaustion
- Contains Helichrysum, which is called “everlasting” in Europe and it’s in very limited supply!
- Commonly used for help with sciatica pain, arthritis , bone pain, and spasms
- Also helps promote healthy circulation!
Like Frankincense, this is another pricy oil that really makes the Starter Kit worth it! Trust me, you’ll thank me when you’re muscles are screaming and looking for relief!
When everyone else around you is snotty, sniffling, coughing, and just plain old gross, THIEVES is what you need! Thieves is an essential oil blend. It is made up of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus (Radiata), and Rosemary. This blend is super helpful when dealing with issues relating to the immune system.
Love history? Here’s the story behind it!
Young Living’s proprietary Thieves® essential oil blend was inspired by the legend of four 15th-century French thieves who formulated and wore a special aromatic combination of clove, rosemary, vinegar, and other botanicals that they believed provided protection while they were stealing. French authorities recognized that there was such value in this mixture that upon the thieves’ capture, they received a more merciful punishment on condition that they divulge the ingredients in their secret formula.
Just SOME of the uses:
- Head Tension: Press a drop of Thieves Vitality oil on the roof of your mouth to relieve tension (Yes, Peppermint Vitality oil works for this, too!)
- Immunity Boost Tea: Take a spoon of honey, 1 drop of Thieves Vitality oil, 2 – 3 drops of Lemon Vitality oil, then mix into a cup hot water and drink 2 – 3x’s a day for immunity support.
- Oral Care and Healthy Gums: Add a drop of Thieves Vitality oil to your toothbrushes every morning and night! It feels so clean and fresh and it’s a great way to start the day
- Throat Spray: Add a few drops of Thieves Vitality oil to a small glass spray bottle filled with distilled water for relief when your throat feels like you’re swallowing knives.
- Pedicure Tub: Add a few drops of Thieves oil to the tub – it cleans the water and your feet!
- Good Health: Add Thieves oil + Lemon oil + a carrier oil to the bottom of your feet and/or down your spine daily to promote wellness year round.
THIEVES HOUSEHOLD CLEANER
What is Thieves Household Cleaner?
It’s hard to believe, but this is truly an all-in-one natural cleaner that’s non-toxic, yet super effective.
It’s made with 100% plant- and mineral-based ingredients, including:
Vegetable-based surfactants like alkyl polyglucoside that are compliant with Green Seal and EPA Design for Environment (DfE) standards
Biodegradable cutting agents like sodium methyl 2-sulfolaurate and disodium 2-sulfolaurate from renewable sources (both ingredients rated 0 on a 10 point scale on the Environmental Working Group’s health hazard score – which is the best score possible)
Therapeutic-grade Thieves and Lemon essential oils (the highest quality and purity essential oils) for natural cleaning
my favorite uses:
-cleaning the washer by adding a capful to the washer along with a cup of vinegar. (set washer on the highest heat setting, let washer fill and let sit for 1 hour then run cycle as usual)
-as a “jet dry” in the dishwasher
-diluted as an all purpose spray
-as wipes for cleaning
-mix one cap thieves with 4 cups water to mop the floor
-Mix 1 capful of Thieves Household Cleaner with 1 cup of olive oil (add 2-3 drops of Lemon essential oil for a fresh lemon scent). Wipe down wooden cabinets, tables and other wooden furniture to remove dirt and clean surfaces.
-To clean inside toilets, mix 1/4 cup of baking soda and 1/2 capful of Thieves Household Cleaner to a toilet brush. Clean inside of toilet bowl and let sit for a few minutes before flushing.
-Mix 1/2 capful (about 1 tsp) of Thieves Household Cleaner, 1 tsp witch hazel, and 1/2 cup of water and add to a small spray bottle. Use as needed to naturally clean hands.
-Got a tough stain on your clothes? Use Thieves Household Cleaner without dilution on the stain. Scrub gently with a small brush until the stain is gone.
What are some ways you use this cleaner?
Not sure if Thieves actually works??? Here are some experiments my friends have done to prove its effectiveness. What surprised you most?
A blend of Ginger, Anise, Fennel, Peppermint, Tarragon, Lemongrass, Patchouli and Juniper oils that supports a healthy digestive system.
Digize is an oil that you are SUPER thankful for when you need it. It’s kind of magical. We add a little peppermint and keep a roller top on it so it’s really easy to roll over our bellies when we are feeling uncomfortable.
Just SOME of the uses:
- BLOATING – Anyone else? I can’t be alone here. Soy sauce and carbs are two of my favorite foods. Not fun in the morning. I always go into the kitchen and rub some Digize and Lemon on when I’m feeling the extra water weight!
- Shouldn’t have eaten that extra donut? Digize on your belly!
- Can help with that burning feeling in your chest after spicy foods
- Helps to support the respiratory and digestive processes
- Supports healthy and regular elimination processes (ya hear that? all you “unregular” people…Orange oil can also help “keep things moving” if you catch my drift)
When you need DiGize, you will be so happy to have it.
Valued more than gold during ancient times, Frankincense has a woodsy, warm aroma. Frankincense goes WAY back. It was a present brought to baby Jesus, Cleopatra traded it for gold, and it has been used in the Middle East for upwards of 5,000 years. If it’s good enough for baby Jesus, it’s more than good enough for me! The best part of Frankincense, to me, is the mental and emotional healing properties. It is SUPER calming and provides a feeling of safety, security, and overall peace.
Just SOME of the uses:
- It helps to combat feelings of being anxious, sad, and shaken
- Combine it with Lavender for a nice, deep sleep
- Great for little bumps & cuts and bites on the skin
- It’s AMAZING for all things skin. Add a drop to your moisturizer and awesome in make-up remover pads
- Put a few drops to relieve tension, such as on your jaw (teeth grinding) or neck muscles
- Inhaling Frankincense can help to lower blood pressure and bring emotional stability
- Unwind! Great to use when meditating, doing yoga, or just relaxing
THIS is the oil that makes the Starter Kit worth it (I mean they all do, but this was the big selling point for me.) It’s the priciest outside of the kit, and you are going to want this oil!
Combining Orange, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Lemon, and Mandarin oils with a hint of Spearmint, Citrus Fresh™ Essential Oil is a proprietary Young Living blend that offers an uplifting, refreshing aroma that you can diffuse to transform home, work, and classroom spaces.
Citrus Fresh oil is a perfect replacement for chemical-based home fragrances—just combine a few drops with distilled water in a spray bottle and spritz throughout rooms and closets and over linens. You’ll enjoy the uplifting citrusy scent every time you make the bed or open a closet door. Looking for a little extra citrus boost? Dilute with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and use it as cologne or perfume! Plus, using Citrus Fresh topically comes with the bonus benefit of the citrus oils working together to tone and smooth the appearance of skin.
Citrus Fresh essential oil uses:
- Dilute Citrus Fresh essential oil in a 1:1 ratio with your favorite night moisturizer and apply to skin for smoother-looking, more radiant-looking skin. Because some citrus oils can cause photosensitivity, avoid applying to exposed skin before spending time outside.
- Dilute Citrus Fresh essential oil in a 1:1 ratio with V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex and use it as an uplifting signature scent.
- Diffuse Citrus Fresh in your home, office, or classroom for an aroma that invites positivity and energy.
- Drop Citrus Fresh onto cotton balls and toss them anywhere prone to stale odors, like shoes, closets, cabinets, basements, and vents.
- add a few drops to stinky laundry or drop on wool dryer balls for toxic-free, fresh laundry
- add a few drops to yogurt or fruit dip for a yummy treat!
- Contains D-limonene, Google it.
- Daily dose of Vitamin C
- Immune Support
- Mental Clarity
- Uplifting, Calming, Mood booster
- Neutralize odors
Raven™ is a cleansing blend of Ravintsara, Peppermint, Eucalyptus Radiata, and other essential oils. Raven creates a cooling sensation when applied topically to the chest and throat.
Just SOME of the uses:
- Mix with a carrier oil and apply to chest, neck and throat to open respiratory channels (especially helpful during cold season!)
- Great to use before a workout on your chest to really enhance your workout!
- Apply to feet before bed to create an atmosphere of comfort and easy breathing
- Comforting when applied to the chest and throat. I mix this one with Peppermint and apply ALL over my chest and throat when I’m feeling stuffy
- A drop in a steamy shower is amazing for opening up sinuses and breathing pathways!
- When getting sinus headaches and too much sinus pressure, apply to your sinus passages (bridge of nose, cheekbones, forehead)
- Drop a little on a Q-Tip and roll inside of your nasal passages for a quick breathing fix when stuffy
A powerful oil from South America, traditionally used to aid digestion and support the body’s natural response to occasional injury or irritation.
It’s known for its gentle, woodsy aroma and is a product of steam distilling the Brazilian Copaifera reticulata tree.
Just SOME of the uses:
- Mix with a dab of coconut oil, Frankincense, and Raven to open up pathways and breathe better
- Good to mix with Panaway and Peppermint for an after workout rub + occasional head tension
- When diffused with Peppermint and Lemon, Copaiba has often been used to lighten the spirits, improve mood, and clear the air!
- Copaiba is a wonderful analgesic and has been used in this capacity for generations. Whether diffused or topically applied, the oil can help to reduce pain and loosen muscles, eliminating pain in joints, and even easing the discomfort of head pain
- The strong antibacterial nature of Copaiba can act as a major booster for your immune system. Add this to a vegetable capsule along with some of our other immune supporting oils and you have quite the army fighting for you!
- It can also act as a shield for your skin, protecting wounds from developing an infection, and also protects you internally, reducing harmful bacteria and microorganisms that may be negatively affecting you from inside!
- Is your baby teething? This can be used neat or diluted along with Thieves to help ease the pain
- I also add this to my Thieves Tea when feeling that “ick” come on!
This oil is a unique blend of Copaiba, Lime, Cedarwood, Ocetea, Lavender, and a bit of Vanilla. This blend is specially formulated to help relieve everyday stress and tension + comes to the rescue when wine isn’t an option 😉
Just SOME of the uses:
- Reduces mental rigidity
- Restores equilibrium
- Use regularly to promote confidence and tranquility
- Add a few drops along with some lavender for a great nights’ sleep
- Apply directly onto your wrists and behind ears to help ease the feelings of wanting to control everything
- Add 3 drops to 1⁄4 cup Epsom salt and soak away your troubles.
- Apply topically to assist with muscle tension from everyday stressors
- Teeth Grinding: Dilute 1-2 drops with coconut or olive oil and rub along your jawline.
Young Living Founder and Chairman of the Board D. Gary Young was traveling the world 25 years ago seeking the natural secrets of longevity, energy, and vitality, when he was introduced to the powerful wolfberry found in China’s remote Ningxia region. For centuries residents of this region have enjoyed the astonishing wellness-supporting benefits of wolfberries (also known as goji berries), but due to the region’s isolation, knowledge of this remarkable superfruit has remained relatively hidden from Western culture. Gary began finding out all he could about the wolfberry and soon learned that Chinese biochemists at the Ningxia Institute of Nutrition had found it to be one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. Gary became convinced that this superfruit needed to be made available to the world.
By combining selectively sourced Ningxia wolfberries, superfruit extracts, and pure essential oils, Gary created Young Living’s proprietary NingXia Red®. This delicious beverage has made its way into homes of members across the globe and has expanded into an entire line of NingXia Red products. When incorporated into your daily wellness routine, NingXia Red products can support energy levels, eye health, whole-body wellness, help fight against oxidative stress, and support normal cellular function.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Just some of the cool Ningxia Facts:
- It’s a whole body nutrient
- contains all the amino acids we need
- has 13-16% protein by weight
- highest whole food source of potassium of any food (including bananas)
- high in fiber and zinc
- POWERHOUSE antioxidant
Watch this video here and tell us one thing that wowed you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB1ZlBJUYuA&feature=youtu.be
ok so how do I get these oils??
There are two ways to get your hands on these little bottles of goodness.
1. Retail – You can order individual oils at full retail prices. You can’t get the starter kit as a retail member. Let’s just be honest – not many people choose to go this route.
2. The Premium Starter Kit – this is the way most everyone starts because it’s the best value and includes allllllll sorts of goodies. This gives you a free, no strings attached wholesale membership. No monthly ordering and you NEVER, ever have to sell a thing – but you get 24% off of future purchases. For like ever. And you can get the Premium Starter Kit! (know as the PSK ? ) The Premium Starter Kit is worth over $360 – but it is ONLY $160!!!!!!!! Hands down the best value, and the best way to get started using oils. It comes with: ?Lemon: Drink it all day long in your water to help flush out your system. Wonderful for focusing! ?Lavender: What CAN’T you use lavender for? That is the real questions. Amazing for relaxation, soothing for the skin, very calming for sleepy littles and adults alike. Diffuse at night to you and your kids can get into that deep deep sleep! ?Peppermint: Support your tummy and digestive system. Just one drop can increase oxygen levels! So drink during your workout too! Also support your respiratory system by using this bad boy. Diffuse in the morning with Lemon to get everyone up and moving! ?Copaiba: promotes a youthful appearance, supports the body’s response to injury and irritation, great for occasional inflammation of the gums, and enhances other oils. ?Raven: Keeps you breathing happily by applying on your chest and diffusing. Apply on the bottoms of your (or your husband’s) feet to breathe well all night long. Perfect for those rattly noisy kids during the winter month, rub on their chest to open those passages! ?Thieves: The healthy-keeper! Drink in tea to support immunity, take in a capsule at night and in the morning to support great health. Apply to the bottom of your kids feet daily to build up their immune system to fight off all the Back to School germs! Kiss it as a thank you for all that it does. ?Citrus Fresh: I add this to our laundry to keep it smelling fresh and lovely. I also love to diffuse this oil blend! SO SO YUMMY. ?PanAway: Kick up your feet, rub this baby on. Anything else you want to keep comfortable? Great for after a workout or roll it on your neck after a long drive. ?Frankincense: Incredible for the skin and immune system! Promotes feelings of calmness and balance, and eases occasional anxiety. This helps us focus and stay grounded, too! Great oil to diffuse during homework time! ?DiGize: All tummy support and digestive health. The dreaded tummy issue that goes rabid around schools, yeah this will be your defense if your kiddo happens to bring that home! If you eat food, you need this oil! ?Stress Away: When you need stress to GO AWAY. No one wants that. Especially when stress is the root of so many bad things. Give yourself a little break from life. ?Diffuser of your choice: You can pick which diffuser you want to come with your kit. Dewdrop, Dessert Mist, Rainstone or Aria. They are all amazing! Diffusing is such an amazing way to help support positive feelings and strengthen positive emotions! Talk about diffusing a situation and helping you sleep!
?Extra goodies: 2 NingXia Red 2-oz. sample packets, enough theives cleaner to make 2-3 16oz bottles!, a Metal roller fitment for an easy-to-use roll-on bottle, travel sample packets to keep in your purse or share with friends, mini glass travel bottles to take in the car or share with friends, a free membership (like Costco but for wellness) – 24% off any future purchases.
Ready to snag your kit? Give a shout-out to me and I’ll help you get started on your oily life!