DISCLAIMER: All information, content and product descriptions contained within this event are for reference purposes and are not intended to substitute advice given by a pharmacist, physician or other licensed health care professional. We do not advise you use the information contained within this website, or any other site for treating a health problem or disease or to make a self diagnosis, without talking to your doctor. Actual product packaging and materials may contain different information than shown on this website. Contact your health care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding our products have not been evaluated by the FDA.
We are not medical professionals and this event is not in any way meant to take the place of medical advice. It is for educational purposes based off opinions and facts that we have found to be true in our own experience and with research we have gathered from books and online. We are not diagnosing, treating, or prescribing. If you have any health conditions, are on any medications, are being seen by a medical professional for any reason, are elderly, pregnant, nursing, have babies or young children or animals please consult your physician or veterinarian as well.
SAFETY INFO: Essential oils sure are powerful and because of that, we want to make sure you learn how to properly use them if you haven’t before. Take a look at this great overview about essential oil safety and remember that the content of this class is intended to be used with Young Living Essential Oils only.
Learn to love your labels: Each bottle of Young Living essential oil is wrapped in a colorful label full of important information. On the front of each bottle, you’ll find the oil name and grade. All Young Living oils are 100% pure, therapeutic grade, which is the highest quality essential oil on the market. You will also see the bottle size printed under this information (most come in either a 5ml or 15ml size). The back of the label will give you directions on how the oil can be used – aromatically, topically, and/or as a dietary supplement. Not all essential oils are recommended for all three types of use, so reading and adhering to the information printed on the bottle is important! Young Living just released its Vitality line of oils meant for ingestion and will eventually transition all of the non Vitality oils to be topical/aromatic only.
Within these directions will be suggested dilution ratios. This simply means that it is recommended to mix the essential oil with a carrier oil (your choice of vegetable oil like coconut, jojoba or grapeseed) before applying or ingesting it. You will also see a batch number stamped on the back of every bottle – that’s right, every single bottle! As part of Young Living’s commitment to quality, they are able to track each bottle back to the batch it was produced from should there ever be a concern.
Actions and reactions: If you know you are allergic to lavender, it probably isn’t a wise decision to use lavender oil – make sense? Now this doesn’t necessarily hold true for everyone and every oil. Due to the distillation process, proteins (what usually causes an allergic reaction) are generally absent from the essential oil minimizing the chance of allergic reactions. The essential oil of a plant may come from a different portion than what triggers an allergic reaction for a specific individual. For example, lemon oil is obtained from the rind and not the flesh of the fruit. Some people may be allergic to lemon no matter what, but others may have no reaction to the essential oil because it comes from a different part of the plant. If you know you have an allergy to a certain plant but are wanting to try the essential oil, consult with your doctor before testing a small amount on a nonsensitive part of your body (like the back of your hand).
Nut allergy information: Be aware that several of Young Living’s blends and products contain nut oils. You can always contact Young Living directly for an uptodate ingredients list of any product, but if you have a nut allergy, take caution when considering use of the following products:
Products containing coconut oil:
Breathe AgainTM rollon
Deep ReliefTM rollon RutaVaLaTM rollon
Stress AwayTM rollon
YL Oola GrowTM
Products containing almond oil:
3 Wise MenTM
CelLite Massage OilTM Cinnamint Lip BalmTM
Dragon TimeTM Massage Oil GenesisTM Hand and Body Lotion Grapefruit Lip Balm
Into the FutureTM
KidScents® Tender Tush
Lavender Lip Balm
Oils and medications: Most of the time, essential oils are perfectly safe to use even if you are taking another medication. However, there are some instances in which essential oils like grapefruit may interfere with prescribed medication. If you are taking any prescription medication, it is strongly recommended to consult your healthcare provider prior to the use of any essential oils to check for possible contraindications. Be sure to inform your health care provider that our citrus oils are made from the rind vs the juice.
Safety with children: Many of us have children and are excited at the possibility of using essential oils with our beloved little ones! Most essential oils are perfectly safe to use with children as long as they are diluted appropriately. Two of our favorite resources on the topic of oils and kids are the books Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child by Valerie Worwood and Gentle Babies by Debra Raybern. You do want to make sure that your essential oils stay out of children’s reach (they can sting and you don’t want them in eyes, little mouths, etc.). There are also a few oils with special child safety caps because they can be dangerous if swallowed such as PanAway due to the wintergreen it contains.
Citrus oil precautions: It is important to take some extra precautions when using citrus oils because of their ability to dissolve certain plastics. This is great if you want to get a sticky label off of a glass jar, but not so great if the lemon oil you put in your water dissolves your cup! The general rule is that citrus oils should only be used in glass or stainless steel containers – no plastics.
Photosensitivity: Certain essential oils are photosensitive. This means they absorb sunlight or radiant energy more intensely than your skin naturally would. You’ll want to check the label of the oil you’re using to see if it contains this warning and avoid the sun for up to 12 hours after application.
Oils & pregnancy: Many essential oils are completely safe to use while pregnant and can provide much needed relief for a variety of pregnancy symptoms. There are some oils that should be avoided during pregnancy, however. The Gentle Babies book mentioned above is a fabulous resource for information about using essential oils while pregnant.
Start slowly: As we said, Young Living’s essential oils are extremely potent and powerful substances. It is recommended to start slowly when you first begin using oils. Choose one oil to try and then build from there. Listen to your body and watch for signs of detoxing.You can usually apply essential oils as needed, but do not overload your system!
Storing your oils: Young Living’s essential oils do not expire, but you do need to take care when storing them. You’ll notice that the bottles are a dark, amber color. This is to keep light from reaching the oils. Even though the bottles are dark, you’ll still want to store your oils in a cool environment away from direct sunlight to preserve the therapeutic properties.
Medical conditions: It is always advised to consult a medical professional before starting any essential oils routine, especially if you have been diagnosed with a medical condition, are taking any prescription medications, or have concerns about your health. The information provided on our site is not intended to replace the advice of your doctor or diagnose any medical condition. Treat essential oils with the care and respect they deserve and exercise your best judgment when using them for a safe, effective experience!
Roll Call!!! Who’s here? who invited you? where are you from? What is your pets name? Drop a photo in the comments of your fur baby!
Your pets aren’t smoking cigarettes daily – OR ARE THEY?? There is NOTHING between them and the chemicals we use in the house as they are “barefoot” on all the surfaces we “clean”. Choosing the Thieves Household Cleaner as well as ALL the other household products in the line can make a significant impact on DECREASING THE TOXINS they are exposed to over time!
We use the cleaner in the crate, on the floor, on all surfaces of our house. We wash all our clothes, towels, and his bed with thieves laundry soap. We wash the animal’s dishes with thieves dish soap and spray their toys down with thieves cleaner. If your animal comes in contact with something, it is absorbing any chemicals associated with that object.
Did you know that you can poison your pet with flea and tick medication? This was a huge shock to me. I thought I was helping them but in reality I was poisoning them. This medication is also extremely expensive.
We have switched to using a spray bottle of Young Living’s insect repellent and water. We spray our pup every single day and have had tremendous success with this.
When the skeeters bite—lavender on the spot is your BFF!
For pets that need joint support:
There are sooo many amazing things you can do for your animal’s joints. I incorporate Ningxia Red into both my cat’s and dogs food (pro-tip start SMALL like barely there and incorporate more as they get used to it—I also add it into their wet food cause they love wet food). Ningxia red promotes a healthy cardiovascular system, restful sleep, and supports proper joint and muscle health.
BLM supplement (this is critical DO NOT USE ANOTHER COMPANIES BLM many contain xylitol and that is poisonous to animals—young living’s does NOT have this ingredient.) BLM=Bones, Ligaments, and Joints. It supports a healthy cell function and encourages joint health and fluid movement.
Copaiba Oil: I rub my dog’s legs with copaiba every. single. day. He also gets a few drops in his food!
Sulfurzyme is a unique combination of MSM and Ningxia wolfberry. MSM is a protein-building compound. It has the ability to equalize water pressure inside the cells.
Thieves dentarome toothpaste and Dentarome Plus toothpaste are great for brushing your dog’s teeth. You can also use Thieves mouthwash!
Thunderstorms and Fireworks
Otis HATES THEM. Like hides and shakes and its awful. Peace and Calming, Valor, T-Away, and Lavender have been super successful for us. I make a spray for him, put them in the diffuser, or leave a bottle open near him. He is still scared, but it has lessened the length of time SIGNIFICANTLY.
Feline Skin Support Spray:
8 Frankincense or Sacred Frankincence
1/8 oz v-6 oil or other carrier
1. Place the oils into a 1-oz spray bottle
2.Fill with purified water
3. Shake well
4. Spritz fur as needed; massage into skin gently, or spray into hands and pet into skin as needed.
Hairballs and Upset Doggie Bellies
There is an amazing documentary on Netflix called petFOOLed. It is available to watch on Netflix and will change the way you feed your fur baby.
Occasionally Otis or Millie will eat something that doesn’t agree with their belly. Digize is your BFF. I will put a drop on our dogs tongue or rub directly on his belly. Cats are a little trickier of course, Dilute digize and apply to their belly if they have been around oils for some time.
Kitty Litter Recipe!
This is a great alternative to toxic scented litter and another great way for cats to come into contact with the oils.
1 Cup Baking Soda
4-5 drops of oil! We love: Lavender, stress-away, cedarwood, gentle baby, purification, and scared mountain
1. Mix the oil into the baking soda
2. Sprinkle a tablespoon into clean litter and mix well
3. Re-treat with this mixture every time you remove soiled litter
There is a day in every pet owners life that is heartbreaking beyond words. Loosing a pet is devastating. They are our family, our friends, our protectors, our kids.
Oils that can support you during your time of loss:
When your dog is a nervous nelly
Creating a blend of oils you can pet onto your dog is an amazing way to give your dog attention and simultaneously calm their nerves.
Here are two tried and true recipes:
Combine the following oils with some Carrier oil:
-7 Stress Away
-7 Peace and Calming
Combine the following oils with some Carrier oil:
-5 Sacred Sandalwood or Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood
-10 Roman Chamomile
The dreaded hot spots!
Lavender is a really great oil to apply to the area, as well as Lemongrass or Tea tree!
Bathing your animal in Animal Scents shampoo is also very helpful.
During the winter and summer months, dogs paws are exposed to salt, hot pavement, rocks, etc. They can become very rough and sometimes even crack resulting in painful walking.
I love using the animal scents ointment on Otis feet. They are SO SOFT and help keep his paw pads in tip top shape! (It also works really well on human feets too)
Thank you so much for attending this class!
I had so much fun with your animal pictures! The Animal Desk Reference from Life Science Publishing is a game changer when using Young Living on your pets. Switching over to their products has changed the lives of everyone who lives in my house (fur babies included). We are happier and healthier thanks to Young Living!
ok so how do I get these oils??
There are two ways to get your hands on these little bottles of goodness.
1. Retail – You can order individual oils at full retail prices. You can’t get the starter kit as a retail member. Let’s just be honest – not many people choose to go this route.
2. The Premium Starter Kit – this is the way most everyone starts because it’s the best value and includes allllllll sorts of goodies. This gives you a free, no strings attached wholesale membership. No monthly ordering and you NEVER, ever have to sell a thing – but you get 24% off of future purchases. For like ever. And you can get the Premium Starter Kit! (know as the PSK 😍 ) The Premium Starter Kit is worth over $360 – but it is ONLY $160!!!!!!!! Hands down the best value, and the best way to get started using oils. It comes with: 🌿Lemon: Drink it all day long in your water to help flush out your system. Wonderful for focusing! 🌿Lavender: What CAN’T you use lavender for? That is the real questions. Amazing for relaxation, soothing for the skin, very calming for sleepy littles and adults alike. Diffuse at night to you and your kids can get into that deep deep sleep! 🌿Peppermint: Support your tummy and digestive system. Just one drop can increase oxygen levels! So drink during your workout too! Also support your respiratory system by using this bad boy. Diffuse in the morning with Lemon to get everyone up and moving! 🌿Copaiba: promotes a youthful appearance, supports the body’s response to injury and irritation, great for occasional inflammation of the gums, and enhances other oils. 🌿Raven: Keeps you breathing happily by applying on your chest and diffusing. Apply on the bottoms of your (or your husband’s) feet to breathe well all night long. Perfect for those rattly noisy kids during the winter month, rub on their chest to open those passages! 🌿Thieves: The healthy-keeper! Drink in tea to support immunity, take in a capsule at night and in the morning to support great health. Apply to the bottom of your kids feet daily to build up their immune system to fight off all the Back to School germs! Kiss it as a thank you for all that it does. 🌿Citrus Fresh: I add this to our laundry to keep it smelling fresh and lovely. I also love to diffuse this oil blend! SO SO YUMMY. 🌿PanAway: Kick up your feet, rub this baby on. Anything else you want to keep comfortable? Great for after a workout or roll it on your neck after a long drive. 🌿Frankincense: Incredible for the skin and immune system! Promotes feelings of calmness and balance, and eases occasional anxiety. This helps us focus and stay grounded, too! Great oil to diffuse during homework time! 🌿DiGize: All tummy support and digestive health. The dreaded tummy issue that goes rabid around schools, yeah this will be your defense if your kiddo happens to bring that home! If you eat food, you need this oil! 🌿Stress Away: When you need stress to GO AWAY. No one wants that. Especially when stress is the root of so many bad things. Give yourself a little break from life. 🎉Diffuser of your choice: You can pick which diffuser you want to come with your kit. Dewdrop, Dessert Mist, Rainstone or Aria. They are all amazing! Diffusing is such an amazing way to help support positive feelings and strengthen positive emotions! Talk about diffusing a situation and helping you sleep!
🎉Extra goodies: 2 NingXia Red 2-oz. sample packets
a Metal roller fitment for an easy-to-use roll-on bottle
travel sample packets to keep in your purse or share with friends
mini glass travel bottles to take in the car or share with friends
a free membership – 24% off any future purchases.
Ready to snag your kit? Give a shout-out to me and I’ll help you get started on your oily life!